Friday, May 25, 2007

Streptococcus

As you may know, I have been having serious problems with my left foot. Specifically the ankle. This arose around the beginning of April and was so incredibly intense that I could not even stand. It swelled up tremendously. I actually had to buy crutches as there was no other way for me to get around. This extreme pain persisted for two week sometime getting better sometimes flaring up, and has been hurting since. While it is mostly better now there are still things I cannot do, and I have to be careful walking and playing with my boy and sitting on the floor.

So I finally got insurance and got some blood work done. We were looking for arthritis and auto-immunes and gout. The usual joint-pain suspects. So what is found out? Apparently it is a response to a Strep infection. I am not sure if it is the strep attacking the joint or the body doing it. I have yet to see the lab work myself but I am on antibiotics (again) so hopefully it will resolve the problem.

Leading up to this I had been sick for about 6 weeks, evidently from Strep. I pushed for and was given an antibiotic from the resident idiot Dr (I like most of the Dr's at the office I go to but Dr. Bell is incompetent. He treated me as tho I had asthma) That made me feel better but I guess it wasn't enough by that point.