Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Useful Phrases

To Know When Traveling

Fekr gabul gardan davat paeh gush divar.
(I accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.)

Shomaeh fekr tamomeh oeh gofteh bande.
(I agree with everything you have said or thought in your life.)

Auto arraregh davateman mano sepaheh-hast.
(It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.)

Fashal-eh tupehman no degat mano goftam chesha yeh mohemara jebehkeshv arehman.
(If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.)

Khrel, jepaheh maneh va yeii amrikahey.
(I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies traveling as reporters.)

Balli, balli, balli.
(Whatever you say!)

Maternier ghermez ahlieh, gorban.
(The red blindfold would be lovely, Excellency.)

Tikeh nuneh ba ob khrelleh bezorg va khrube boyast ino begeram.
(The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you. I must have the recipe.)

Taken from Lambert Dolphin's website. Lots of good stuff to be found there, check it out.