Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Things I Say

I found an old compilation CD put out by Release magazine (I think) SODA, volume 1 by name and decided to put it back in for a spin or two. And while Lounge Freak's cover of JoC's Flood is always interesting, it was the song by Rob Frazier that really got my attention. Some of the lyrics are as follows...

I say I believe in a G-d of love then I find myself thinking of all the ways I could put somebody down because they hurt my pride somehow
I say I believe in a G-d of peace but the wars inside me never cease how I think, the battle for my mind, how I live and how I spend my time
I say I believe in a G-d of grace then I put somebody in their place telling them they have crossed the line when G-d forbid I should pay for my own crimes
...
I say I believe that the world is lost without the message of the Cross, but still I stay inside my room afraid to leave my comfort zone

I say, I say what I believe, do I believe the things I say?


That last line about says it all.
Shalom