Thursday, August 12, 2004

Sixpence-Now The Poorer

Okay this is rather upsetting. My favorite band for the last decade straight is now no more. Sixpence None the Richer is officially gone. I wouldn't have even known it except I looked at an email titled "Astronaut Pushers" which was in my email bulk folder. AP is Matt Slocums new band and as he was the main song and music writer for Sixpence I can assume that I will like Astronaut Pushers but it just wont be the same.

On the bright side I will now have two bands that I like a lot. Matt is an incredible writer and musical arranger and Leigh Nash's voice is incredible no matter what she sings or who she is with. Leigh has done some really good work with The Choir and one of the guys from Jars of Clay.

Farewell Sixpence. It's been a rough road for you but for us the listeners and fans it has been a wonderful journey. Thank you and good luck on your new projects.