Monday, August 02, 2004

BOB Update

Well I finally got off my duff and started putting my BOB (Bug Out Bag) together today. I had been putting it off, but what good are the components if they arent assembled? That custom 1911 is useless if it is field stripped. So I just need a few other things to toss in. Namely a good knife, sunscreen and toiletries. I am also thinking of a good slingshot. A nice rock is much cheaper (and quieter) than a bullet, and a .357 rather seems a waste for a rabbit or esp a bird.

Also since I dont really want to put in clothes that I wear on a regular basis I tossed in my military BDUs. Durable, proper color and cheaper than Walmart clothes. Or at least it is in a military town, I know some places dont even have surplus shops which would make obtaining BDUs difficult.