Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Monkey's Paw

I was listening to Smalltown Poets the other day and was thinking on their song "Monkey's Paw" I had read the short story some years ago and enjoyed it (found here, tho it has typos in it) Basically the Paw would grant three wishes, but those wishes came at a horrible cost. The first wish in the story is for a small amount of money, and it comes at the cost of their only childs life. The song ends with "So I brought my spoil to the alters edge, heard You say 'obey instead', and all of my labors and best laid plans, had only earned a reprimand, forever-more to understand that dreams come true can kill a man, if never graced by sovereign hands"

So my question is are my dreams graced by His hands? A good question cuz my "labors and best laid plans" are well, to quote the Goo Goo Dolls "F---ing up takes practice, I feel I'm well rehearsed"

My other question is, would ya all wish and if so, what for?