Friday, February 23, 2007

Comic Books

Having brought up the issue of comic books, I thought I'd post on it. In my younger days I loved reading and collecting comic books. By far my favorite world was that of the X-Men. Their struggle against evil and the depth of the characters. Even the bad guys weren't all bad. They weren't pure evil and often they had a genuine motive that is not at all unlike what an average persons motive might be if placed in the same situation.

My favorite characters include Wolverine(of course,) Kitty Pryde, Psylocke, Collosus, Archangel, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Magneto (who I think has the coolest power.) There were numerous other characters as well, but those were some of the mainstays and were fleshed out nicely. Wolverine and Kitty Pryde actually had their own series.

One of the cool things about Wolverine is that he doesnt know who he is. His memories are all clouded so that he doesnt even know how old he is. The earliest storyline I ever read was with him having fought in WWI.

More can be read on wikipedia. There is too much info on just Wolverine that I don't have the time to read it all.

Anyways, I am keeping my comics against the day that they have some real value. The ones that I feel will be worth something are all kept in sleeves and many of those with cardboard in the sleeve as well to keep it in good condition. It is a shame that they cost so much now. I'd love to read them again.