Monday, April 24, 2006

Abinitio

This letter was recieved by the lead "singer" of Abinitio, a small local denver band. I put singer in quotes because he is a screamer/growler who uses no lyrics.

I would like to start off by saying that your opinion
on our music is completely irrelevant to ours.(sic)
Honestly your 1 page analysis on our performance last
night is nothing short of hilarious to all of us. The
fact that we didn't sound like "the great" Project 86
doesn't and will not affect in anyway our sleep
patterns.
I have never listened to them and probably never will.
As far as we are concerned we played with August Burns
Red and the Showdown last night. If you had any sort
of knowledge about music whatsoever you would realize
that we OBVIOUSLY aren't targeting shallow minded
people such as yourself to listen to our music.
YES there are lyrics and they are posted on our
profile page.In fact I actually wrote a song about
individuals like you...but that's another story!
I truly hope that I never have to play in front of
anyone like you again(at least knowingly).
I find it very sad that you had nothing better to do
than write hate mail to us ,but if that is what you do
in your spare time...I guess your words speak for
themselves!

As for me..the vocalist...I wish you were standing in
front so I could have grabbed your hair and screamed
in your face. I just got a good laugh from my
girlfriend (the one who you were obviously glaring at)
& the gross face you made only further lessened your
appearance!!You write a direct personal "diss" to me
for purposes unknown to me. My only explanation is
that you were dumbfounded by mine & the other guys'
undeniably good looks and amazing sex appeal!
That or the hole in my underwear?
Whatever the reason be you took this way too far and I
really hope for your sake that you
GET A FUCKING LIFE!

fondly Abinitio


The letter sent to them addressed thei lack of showmanship, such as stating on stage "I hate small talk," lack of gratefulness for the venue and other bands that made their appearance possible and their striking shop before the show was even over. Also there was a question of whether or not there are lyrics to any of their songs (it ceratinly doesnt appear so) What is interesting is that the only thing Abinitio addressed was the lyrics. They state they are available on their myspace page, when in reality they aren't. Not once was the hole in his underwear mentioned (yes he had a hole in his underwear or perhaps an undershirt)

If you had any sort of knowledge about music whatsoever you would realize that we OBVIOUSLY aren't targeting shallow minded people such as yourself to listen to our music.
Is he serious? Shallow minded? His singing is nothing but growls. I would posit that it takes a less intelligent/shallower listener to put up with such tripe.

I just got a good laugh from my girlfriend (the one who you were obviously glaring at) & the gross face you made only further lessened your appearance!!
WTF? Where did this come from? His girlfriend? Never mentioned as she is irrelevant to the bands performance (who knew or cared that she existed?)

My only explanation isthat you were dumbfounded by mine & the other guys' undeniably good looks and amazing sex appeal!
What the writer claims as sex appeal was really an appalingly bad attitude and an apparent dislike for career opportunities. Project 86 headlined this show and as such the people at the concert came to see them. Abinitio claims they have never listed to them? Not even to check out the many available music clips online? How asinine is that? How lazy? P86 is not the biggest band out there to be sure, but when opening for any band it is grace, good style and plain common sense to treat the opportunity as just that. An opportunity.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, the band was actually good. They are still young and have further improvements and refinements to make but they played just fine. It is their lead that makes them smell so bad.

To the band of Abinitio: If you ever want to go places with your music you are going to have to find another lead. No matter your talent, no matter how well you play, your lead speaks for the group. He is the one that the public sees and he personifies your group. He is your salesman. The lead you have now couldnt sell a life vest to a drowning man. Ditch him.