Monday, September 20, 2004

Gunshow

As I said saturday, Nikki and I went to a gunshow on sunday. As with every show there was some lame stuff and some really cool stuff. And then there is the stuff that makes ya drool. I found one such item. AKs, .50 BMGs and AR-15s a plenty but the thing I liked the most was a custom machine gun.

2 Ruger 10/22s (.22 caliber) attached so the tops were together and the grips were horizontal to the ground. What appeared to be, but werent, cooling barrels (like you see on real machine guns) were over the Ruger barrels. The stocks of the rifles had been removed, and underneath the rear was a new trigger assembly that was attached to the Ruger triggers, while on the right was a wheel that was the actual trigger. (Squeeze the new trigger to engage the wheel, spin the wheel to fire) All this upon a fully articulating tripod and I was drooling. $900 is a bit steep for a college student however. Perhaps I will be able to find plans online to make one myself.