Saturday, October 18, 2008

A difference in perspective

I was speaking with a friend who is a huge movie buff. We came upon the subject of horror movies (I don't like them myself. Like chick-flicks, they are too predictable) I have only seen one horror flick that I thought was worthwhile, The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Having had an encounter with the supernatural (two actually) I know that there is absolutely NOTHING scarier. My friend had thought that 28 days was scarier because it "could really happen."

Now, being a Christian and having no fear of EOTW scenarios (please note this is not the same as EOTWAWKI) I don't get much from "real" scenarios. Largely because I have faith that such things will never come to pass. Scarier by far is the fact that the spiritual realm is indeed real, and that we all dismiss it at our own peril.

There are things happening all around us, at all times, that were we aware of these actions it would truly change our lives. Angels, both Divine and Fallen, influence our daily lives, as well as world events. They seek to guide us, to Salvation or Death, towards the Light or away from Him.

On a somewhat related note, I came across a pre-release edition of Vox's "The War In Heaven" It was a good read, and I am now going to have to find the release editions of the entire trilogy.