Thursday, May 12, 2005

Coming Soon: Indoor Shooting Range

Whistling Pines Gun Club will be opening in November of this year. A total of 18 lanes and a limited membership of only 3,000. I am interested, but would have to shoot more than I do now to justify it. Having said that, something a bit closer and not freezing at 8AM might entice me to go shooting more. Also, they will except most ANY caliber. This includes the massive new .500 S&W Magnum which no person in their right mind would want to shoot (tho I'd like to try it once) and shotguns (sabots too) and rifles up to the .416 Rigby.

On the same subject, I found a fun little addition for an AK-47 which makes me want to go out and buy one. A 100-round clip. The mag is so big it actually loops onto the barrel. I imagine this makes the rifle excessively heavy, but how cool would that be? And in a full auto mode it wouldn't last very long anyways.