Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Removed Post

Today I removed a post. I am sure y'all know why, but I am going to state it anyways. The tone was both personal and ugly. There was no constructive debate or exchange of ideas that are so highly encouraged. I love diverse views, I love people sharing their thoughts and beliefs, and I genuinely like all of my regulars.

I am disappointed that this was necessary but even I stopped following the comments as there was nothing to be gained. Even the comments on the post that was picked up by the gay press were more civil. Then to find out today that they were still ongoing surprised me. I only skimmed the comments since my last reading but as the tone hadn't changed there wasn't much left for me to do. I couldn't find a way to simply disable comments/further comments so I removed it.

In summary, debate is ALWAYS welcome, the exchange of ideas highly encouraged. Personal attacks are not.